My wife and I are expecting our first child this fall. Since learning our October due date, I have been pre-occupied with the media and content I will share with our child (codenamed Dream Weaver). When do I want to expose Dream to my favorite books, movies, songs, etc? I'm using this space to explore the answers to that question and daydream about bonding with my child.

Friday, May 7, 2010

Reformatting

I’ve been having a bit of a hard time finding time to write in this space. Something about its open-ended nature has caused me to write at great length and without form, making it intimidating to sit down and start an entry without at least an hour to really work. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, but I think I could benefit by an established format. Plus, years from now, I will enjoy this journal more if it has a clear structure.

So starting with my next posts (the ones about stand up comedy), the entries will be written following this guide:

Content: The title or subject of the media
Introduction: Why I love or care about the content
Dream’s Age at Introduction: Dream’s age at introduction (kinda self-explanatory)
Reason for That Age: Explanation of why Dream should experience the content at that age in his or her life
What I Want Dream to Get Out of It: Dad’s obnoxious life lesson, that will be drilled in my offspring like the bit from an oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico (that is, with great determination but not necessarily the intended outcome).

Be content,
John

No comments:

Post a Comment